Hansel & Gretel: A Fairy Tale with a Down Syndrome Twist is an enchanting tale about how kindness overcomes callousness and leads to a wondrous reward. This adaptation of the classic Grimms’ tale includes the wicked witch and the poor siblings in search of food, but in this case, five-year-old Hansel is a mischievous, yet courageous, boy with Down syndrome.
Young readers will learn that:
- Children with Down syndrome are capable and can achieve extraordinary success with determination.
- An act of kindness can transform people and the world.
- Treating people like family can create a miracle.
- People cannot be judged by appearance; a princess or a hero can be hidden within.
- Facing a challenge can lead to unimagined rewards.”I love that this book addresses not only the low expectations that society has of kids with Down syndrome but that the Mother has as well. What a gifted author to see past the diagnosis and tell a magical story of potential and belief!”
–Nancy Gianni, Founder & Gigi’s Mom, GiGi’s Playhouse: Down Syndrome Achievement Centers“I find that Jewel Kat’s message that someone’s disability is not what makes a person, a great one. I like how she portrayed Hansel. He reminded me of my nephew who had Down syndrome—not only someone who was kind but also very smart. I believe it’s a great book for every kid to read.”
–Janet McNevin, Museum of disABILITY History”Hansel shines as a courageous boy with incredible determination despite his challenges and succeeds in changing his family’s circumstances. This story would help young readers look beyond disabilities and focus on the characters of those who have special needs. Claudia’s breathtaking illustrations take this beloved tale to a whole new level. A must read for children of all ages.”
––Shaila Abdullah, author, My Friend Suhana: A Story of Friendship and Cerebral Palsy
Learn more at www.JewelKats.com
Book #5 in the Fairy Ability Tales Series
Juvenile Fiction: Social Issues – Special Needs
Use Coupon Code “FAIRYTALE” to save 20% off and get FREE SHIPPING until October 31, 2017!