Ann Arbor Michigan – Loving Healing Press proudly announces its six nominations for the 46th annual Pushcart Prize. The Pushcart Prize: Best of the Small Presses series, published every year since 1976, is the most honored literary project in America. Hundreds of presses and thousands of writers of short stories, poetry and essays have been represented in the pages of our annual collections. This is the 10th consecutive year that LH Press was invited by the Pushcart Prize to make nominations. Engaging potential of the content, involvement with subject matter, and spontaneity of literary expression were the basic criteria on which the publications were judged. Picking best of the best from the writings published by the press in the year 2020. this year’s six nominees include:
2020 Pushcart Prize XLVI Nominees:
- Rich Hill “Whiteout” (U.P. Reader #4)
- Tyler R. Tichelar “The Many Lives of Pierre LeBlanc” (U.P. Reader #4)
- Helen Ross Lee The Phoenix Rising: A True Story of Survival
- Nancy M. Schwartz Up, Not Down Syndrome: Uplifting Lessons Learned from Raising a Son with Trisomy 21
- Raymond Luczak Compassion, Michigan
- Daralyse Lyons Demystifying Diversity: Embracing Our Humanity
“We’re very proud to put forward these nominees to one of the oldest and most prestigious awards for small presses. The Pushcart Prize is a unique opportunity to acknowledge the contributions of short-form writing, such as poems and personal essays,” says Victor R. Volkman, Publisher at the Loving Healing Press and Senior Editor of Modern History Press.
Past nominees of the Pushcart Prize from Loving Healing Press include Kat Fasano-Nicotera, Nick Purdon, Tyler R. Tichelaar, Sweta Vikram, and Barbara Sinor.
Congrats and good luck to the all nominees!